Monday, December 21, 2009

I Hope I Never Get Mystery Boxed...

'Tis the season to be jolly, eh? Just throwing that out there. I attempt to be as seasonal as possible. It is well known that no matter what the weather is like, I am going to be wearing a heavy coat in December. Even if it's 90 degrees. Swear to God. Except, I don't wear shorts in the summer time. I feel that exposing my legs to all the heat is counter productive in the whole ''chill out'' arena.

I went to the local record store the other day, and I found this awesome thing they have called a ''Mystery Box''. Capitalization needed, because it's that cool, maybe. The trick with the ''Mystery Box'' is that you cannot open it before you buy it, and you cannot return it as well. It consists of 30 CD's, and it cost eight dollars. I'm sure each box gives you a significant chance of failure or success, as I'm also sure that the employees don't strategically pack these ''Boxes of Mystery''. I came out decent, I feel. I have not heard of most bands in my ''Enigma Box'', but there are some records in there on labels I like a lot, and some of the CD's even have Myspace URLs so I can track how big/shitty the band really is.

The golden find: Freaky Friday Original Soundtrack, ver. 2. Lohan.

I don't think we're going to publicize this blog a bunch, so if you stumble on it, cool. We have two shows coming up, both we're excited about.

The first one is on the first day of 2010, at the Firebird with our buddies Huntergatherer and Wyoming Street. Justin, the lovable drummer, has a mild to severe Phish addiction, and will not be joining us that night, so we'll be a four piece, but have no fear, our performance dwindles under no circumstance, and adversity is our muse.

The second show is at Cicero's on the 14th of the first month of 2010 with another group of friends, HUMDRUM (I think they capitalize all the letters?) Justin will most likely be present for this show, but I can't say that 100% because I haven't checked the Phish concert schedule that far in advance.

Sweet tidings, or whatever they say this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment